Thursday, October 15, 2009

Smarter Than He Looks!



Ok so I previously told you that he loves to get up in the middle of the night to play.  Well everynight me and J do our best to out smart him.  It has taken a couple of tries but I think we got it!! We put a gate up the first night and he pulled his bed over to the doorway and used that to help him climb over.  He won :(  Next night we bolted his bed to the wall so he could not move it so he used their nightstand by dragging that over to the doorway and climb over.  He won :(  Next night we then screwed that to the wall and put up two gates to keep him in.  He stayed in the room but piled all of his pillows, blankets and stuffed animals on top of each other so that he could get into the top of the dresser and play with the lego's and make another large mess.  So he won again (sort of, were getting there).  Finally I took the lego's out of his room and minimized the stuffed animals and finally this morning I awoke to find a snoozing baby in his bed, a clean house, and a clean bedroom.  Yeah success!!  How long do I think that it will take before he start stashing tools in his diaper like Tommy from Rugrats?  Probably only a few days but for now I am going to enjoy knowing that he his sleeping safely in his room!!  But I know that many more challenges will come and we will do our best to out smart a 2 year old!!
~T~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man! what a smart kid - glad you guys got it figured out though

Kirst said...

Dang, I swear the smartest ones are the trickiest.

Chatter said...

Oh my gosh, this is freaking hilarious. What a smarty pants! Seriously, he's not messing around. Hope the rest of the weekend was successful! Cute kid Tarah.